Saturday, March 10, 2012

Necrons, conversions and test models

I've been trying to figure out how to paint my Necrons. Initially I decided on a blue/silver theme and painted up a test model.

necron immortal PIP

necron immortal PIP

But I've since decided to go a different way. The blue and silver/metal seem to close together to me, the sort of blend together. So I think I am going to go with green like the regular ones. I know, why boring old green, well, because it seems to look best. I like the way the green and silver contrast. I thought about yellow/orange but they seem too hot to me for the necrons. I've also decided to go with a rusty theme rather than the pristine necrons that I was originally going with.

necron immortal PIP

necron immortal PIP


I also spent some time this evening kit bashing some crypits and a lord. They are made from various bits from the immortal box and the lychguard box.

Lord with warscyth
lord with war scythe

lord with war scythe


Cryptic, harbinger of the storm with voltic staff
harbinger of the storm

harbinger of the storm

harbinger of the storm


Cryptic, harbinger of destruction with solar pulse. The sphere is meant to be some sort of solar pulse item.
harbinger of destruction

harbinger of destruction


And inbetween letting stuff dry and what not I took a crack at the dark eldar. This is my test model. I'm pretty happy with the basic color and armor so I will probably go with this scheme.

dark eldar warrior pip

No comments:

Post a Comment